this edition of framework:afield has been produced in canada by france jobin, as the 5th installment of her regular series, ‘my favorite things’.Â france says:
Bonjour,Â I am france jobin, better know as i8u.Â Welcome toÂ “these are a few of my favorite things”.
As mentioned in earlier installments, my interpretation of field recording based works is very broad, however the thread I like to follow is to findÂ artists who have masteredÂ their unique identity through the music of sound.
The next 2 editions of ‘my favorite things’ will focus on a festival that has taken place in Winnipeg, Canada for the last 10 years. Winnipeg is basically in the middle of the Canada, a region commonly referred to as the prairies, it is vast and flat. Don’t be fooled, a Winnipeg audience is knowledgeable and discerning. I had the privilege to play twice at this festival and it remains at the top of my list! This is directly linked to the people I came in contact with while i was there. They are, Steve Bates, Jake Moore, Deanna Radford, Don Bargenda, and the festival is Send and Receive.
In the fall of 2009, S+R issued a dvd of the last 10 years, there is almost 11 hours of audio on it, what follows are excerpts of those live performances.
for more information see http://www.sendandreceive.org.
01. 1998Â /Â David GrubbÂ /Â –
02. 1999Â /Â Lee Ranaldo + Dean RobertsÂ /Â –
03. 2000Â /Â Martin TÃ©treaultÂ /Â http://actuellecd.com/en/bio/tetreault_ma
04. 2000Â /Â OvalÂ /Â –
05. 2001Â /Â CindyÂ /Â http://actuellecd.com/en/bio/stonge_al
06. 2002Â /Â Tomas JirkuÂ /Â –
07. 2002Â /Â Michael DumontierÂ /Â –
08. 2003Â /Â Tim HeckerÂ /Â http://www.sunblind.net
09. 2003Â /Â my kingdom for a lullabyÂ /Â –
10. 2004Â /Â Taylor DeupreeÂ /Â http://www.12k.com